06-21-2020 06:27 AM
The HP support system is a disgrace.
Here's the problem - I have used Instant Ink for quite a while without problems. Today I was about to start a ling print job when I received a low black ink message. I installed the new cartridge which had arrived a few weeks ago and printed the alignment test page - the new black wasn't working, vey stripey, so I printed another: same result. I took cleaning option 1: same result. I took cleaning option 2: same result.
I tried to contact support. The virtual assistant doesn't cover this. Telephone support, the screen says, is only available for machines within guarantee. The only chat option requires facebook, which I don't use.
What I need (I think) is a replacement cartridge, or maybe some actual advice on how to fix it. But there is no available method that I can see on the support pages to achieve this.
I expected a real person chat line. This is not good enough.
06-21-2020 07:00 AM
I am sorry you are having such a time.
Our Community is a volunteer staffed organisation - the differences are significant as you can imagine.
For those reading
The main Instant Ink Website for the author's region does post the support number for that region.
I do not know whether the support group is available on the weekend and there is not a "weekend" support number posted.
Not your home site? Click the Flag to change to your region.
Instant Ink information, including a link (below the FAQ section) to the all-important Terms of Service Contract
NOTE: It is NOT necessary that you be enrolled to read the contract > Open the main website > scroll down just past the FAQ
For UK region:
Find the support number in the blue ribbon on the ➡️ right side of the page.
- I will submit a request that someone take a look.
- Please know that our Community is not HP Technical Support.
- Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome: Our request is not a magic back door into HP.
- The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
- When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you.
Note to those reading:
- Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”. Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
- Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data.
- Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.
Thank you for participating in our HP Community.
We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology
Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!
Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.
06-22-2020 12:18 PM
@NickB1954 I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.
Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.
Please look for a private message requesting additional information.
Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).
If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.
I am an HP Employee