Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP envy 5020 printer
iOS

Internet went down, then printer wouldn’t print from phone. Finally tried factory reset but printer code or start of email code would not be accepted. I already have an account, so option I’m selecting on app is replace existing printer but not working at all. Please help before hubby takes sledge hammer to it.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Mich10,

I'd like to help!

To better assist you - 

1. Is the printer showing available o the app?
  2. What is the status of the wireless light on the printer, steady or blinking?
  3. Is your router dual-band enabled i.e., both 2.4GHz and 5GHz? If yes, make sure the dual-band has different SSIDs for 2.4G and 5G networks.
  4.  Have you tried printing from a different application or device? 
  5. Are you able to make a stand-alone copy?

Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying Jay.

In the end I had to phone the help desk and they had to reset my account their end.

thanks again for trying to help.

HP Recommended

@Mich10

Glad to know 🙂

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.