Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-26-2021 03:06 PM - edited 01-26-2021 03:09 PM
Hi, I had an issue with the printer that after some months became unable to print black even with a new cartridge.
Sent to service, it has come back repaired but since then is unable to connect to HP Instant Ink.
It's correctly connected to wi-fi, and HP Print&Scan Doctor finds it's connected. But HP Instant Ink site claims it's not.
Wireless: solid blue
wi-fi Direct: solid white
Web Services: blinking orange
I reinstalled the software, followed the auto assistant steps... but to no avail. Local service, contacted for previous issue, takes days to answer and provides little support.
thanks for the help
02-02-2021 07:37 AM
Welcome to HP Support Community
I would like to help
Please ensure the printer has the latest Firmware https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168
Also assign a Manual IP Address and try connecting to Instant Ink Again
- Print a Network Config Page from the printer. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). If you do not know the range, change the last set of numbers (those after the last '.') to 250
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Enter your router's IP (on the Network Config Page) for the gateway.
- Enter 18.104.22.168 for the first DNS and 22.214.171.124 for the second DNS. This is Google DNS.
- Click 'Apply'.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee
02-13-2021 02:49 AM - edited 02-13-2021 02:50 AM
Hi, thank you for the help. However I got support from the whatsapp chat of HP before your kind reply. It seems that when I sent the printer under warranty to the service, they replaced it with another without warning me, and the HP software failed to recognize the issue. That's why the printer was connected to wi-fi but not to instant ink service. We had to register the new one, then uninstall the drivers and install them again.
So far it works.