Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3760
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I had an issue with the printer that after some months became unable to print black even with a new cartridge.
Sent to service, it has come back repaired but since then is unable to connect to HP Instant Ink. 
It's correctly connected to wi-fi, and HP Print&Scan Doctor finds it's connected. But HP Instant Ink site claims it's not.

Lights status:

Wireless: solid blue

wi-fi Direct: solid white

Web Services: blinking orange

I reinstalled the software, followed the auto assistant steps... but to no avail. Local service, contacted for previous issue, takes days to answer and provides little support.

thanks for the help

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Lainz7

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

Please ensure the printer has the latest Firmware https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Also assign a Manual IP Address and try connecting to Instant Ink Again

- Print a Network Config Page from the printer. Note the printer's IP address.

- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.

- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.

- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). If you do not know the range, change the last set of numbers (those after the last '.') to 250

- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)

- Enter your router's IP (on the Network Config Page) for the gateway.

- Enter 8.8.8.8 for the first DNS and 8.8.4.4 for the second DNS. This is Google DNS.

- Click 'Apply'.

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, thank you for the help. However I got support from the whatsapp chat of HP before your kind reply. It seems that when I sent the printer under warranty to the service, they replaced it with another without warning me, and the HP software failed to recognize the issue. That's why the printer was connected to wi-fi but not to instant ink service. We had to register the new one, then uninstall the drivers and install them again.

So far it works.

thanks!

HP Recommended

I'm glad you got this sorted out

Drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.