Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP DESKJET3755
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I don't really use Instant ink so i just canceled instant ink subscription.

after that printer doesn't let me print.

world look icon is blinking with orange color.

what is going on?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hey there! @DFSAZ,

Are you using regular ink cartridges to print?

You can only print until the billing cycle is complete. However, After the billing cycle is complete you will not be able to print. 

You have to use regular ink cartridges to print from your printer.

Try few steps recommended below.

Make sure you replace all the ink cartridges on the printer to regular ink cartridges. Even if a single instant ink cartridge is installed on the printer your printer might not work.

Replace low, empty or faulty ink cartridges on your printer.

Clean the cartridge contacts and check if it helps.

If you have not done so, please stop Web Services on the printer.

HP Instant Ink > How to > Instant Ink > Manage Account > Turning Off Web Services

Optional - be sure Web Services is "off":

After you switch off Web Services, wait a minute and then switch off the printer.

Wait until the printer is completely shut down > wait a minute or two.

Switch on the printer.

Install all new HP ink -- replacing/installed "a" new ink won't do it -- all Instant Ink cartridges must be removed regardless of whether they have ink.

Refer this article to know more information about cancelling the instant ink account. Click Here

Hope this answers your query!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

What a ripoff HP is! So I paid for several ink cartridges, but because I no longer pay your monthly service, I can't use the products you've already charged me for? Are you kidding? So you hold my printer "hostage"- I will never buy HP again.

HP Recommended

@censorship,

Welcome to HP Support Community,

When did you place a request to cancel the Instant ink service. Did you get any email confirmation.

Have you tried to login to your Instant ink account page and check if the account is still active/suspended/cancelled.

You can’t use HP Instant Ink cartridges after you cancel your service. Why? Because Instant Ink is an alternate way to print, where you pay for the pages you print, not for ink cartridges. Just as with a cell phone plan you can only make calls as long as you are enrolled with your cell provider, you can only print with Instant Ink cartridges while you are enrolled in an Instant Ink plan. If you cancel, you must buy regular ink cartridges to resume printing.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you remove the ink cartridges from the printer and then perform a hard reset. 

Remove all the ink cartridges and then try to perform a hard reset on the printer.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Now insert the ink cartridges and then try to print a test page and check if it works.

Let me know how it goes for further assistance!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am experiencing the same problem.  I too felt like I wasn’t using the service that I was paying for.  There were some months that I didn’t print anything and for a good portion of the service I was actually using regular ink cartridges.  Your statement of saying that you are charging based on the number of pages is false.  You are charging based on the number of pages someone could purchase for that month.  If you were charging per page I wouldn’t have gotten charged some months.  I have the original instant ink cartridges that I got when I signed up for the service back in February.  I wasn’t told at that time to switch out my ink cartridge with the new instant ink ones.  I thought that the printer just knew that it was on an instant ink plan.  This probably should be communicated to customers up front or when they receive the cartridges they can switch them out. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.