Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JC441
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Printer (ink status symbol) says the computer is not connected to internet.

Test results page  HP Network Configuration shows that internet is connected to my HP Officejet Pro 8610.  Serial # [edit].  When I try to print from my laptop, the ink status button comes on with the message "Connect printer to update HP ink status."  I push ok and then the printing proceeds.  I have tried all of the suggestions (shutting down laptop, router, and printer) but everything stays the same.  Wireless network test results says "No problems found.  Internet connected.  It seems that everything is related to my HP Ink account.  Suggestions?  I have tried refreshing on my account page, but still is showing offline.  Is it possible that I need to re-register for the HP ink??

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9,058 9,061 797 961
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @JC441

Appreciate you trying the steps. Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

rwsria
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I am having the same problem as noted by a previous user. Printer says computer is not connected to the internet for sending ink status to HP, but all every effort to solve has failed. Printer says it is connected to my home wifi.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation