Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
10-01-2020 03:52 AM
Product: officejet 3835
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
When I print the printer keeps reverting back to B&W printing. I uninstall the drivers and reinstall, it is ok for a few prints, but over time it reverts back to B&W.
1 REPLY 1
10-03-2020 09:29 AM
I'd like to help!
Try the below suggestions-
Follow below version of the HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility by selecting your printer:
Be sure to restart your PC and allow the utility to complete the process, then check for any difference. If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.
Install the printer using the TCP/IP port:
- On the PC, go to Control panel > Devices and printers > Add a printer(at the top)
- Under 'Choose a device or printer', click on 'The printer I want isn't listed'.
- Select 'Add a printer using a TCP/IP address'
- Find the IP address of the printer by tapping on the wireless/ethernet icon on the printer screen
- Type in the 'IP address in Hostname or IP address' box, click next
- Proceed to the next steps by following the on-screen instructions.
- Try printing in color.
If the issue persists, Install the printer using Windows built-in driver
Refer to this document to know how. Try printing.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
And, Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".