cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
EdRem1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Printer loses quality in heat and humidity

HP Recommended
HP 8028 all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In the past and, even now, when the heat and humidity continues for days in a house without AC, my printer cartridges dry up.  These cartridges still show that they are full, but after diagnostics, cleaning and fresh HP paper, the print is still spotty and faded.   HP instant Ink needs to recognize this and send cartridges.  Also, Yellow and Cayan defective cartridges where I did not see any email and no new ones wre sent.  I am enrolled, why doesn't HP recognize the defective cartridges and ship new ones, no questions asked?  I am concerned bout customer service and a, Cannon, type of printer control. (no offense Cannon)

1 REPLY 1
Kumar0307
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,809 22,777 1,646 1,957
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@EdRem1, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I understand the print quality is not satisfactory during hot days. According to the printer specificationsRecommended operating temperature range (Celsius) is 15 to 30°C and (Fahrenheit) is 59 to 86°F.

Storage temperature range (Celsius) is -40 to 60°C and (Fahrenheit) is -40 to 140°F

HP Instant Ink server cannot detect the damage done to the ink cartridges due to temperature change. Kindly check if the printer environment conditions meet these requirements.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation