Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-15-2022 07:24 AM - last edited on 07-15-2022 08:00 AM by MarcusC
I have an instant ink account.
I was having trouble with slow scanning, so I uninstalled the print drivers and then tried to reinstall.
The printer no longer works at all
The printer now does not recognize the ink cartridges nor does it let me access the panel display All it does is tries to start the align heads outine and then stalls there foreever.[Personal Information Removed]
07-25-2022 04:15 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing an issue with your HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 All-In-One Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist better:
- When was the last time the printer worked fine?
- Was there any software update on the printer?
- Are you able to remove the ink cartridges from the printer?
- Was there any paper jam or carriage jam recently on the printer?
While you respond to that, Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware:
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Please perform the steps mentioned in this document - Carriage jam or E3 error
Also, make sure there are no jams inside the printer. Follow the steps from - Paper Jam Error
If the issue still persists, then we have to perform a SemiFull reset and check.
The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device.
I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee