Did you mean: 
JCheong
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer status is "ready" but won't print

HP Envy All-In-One

I have an Officejet Pro 6975 and a HP Envy All-In-One desktop. The Printer won't print even though the status reads as "ready". When I click on "Print", a notification says "not connected". I recently signed up for Instant Ink and launched the app. Did this cause my problem?

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
4,883 4,875 311 356
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer status is "ready" but won't print

@JCheong, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

• Make sure the printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network.
  • This printer supports only 2.4GHz network.

Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue

Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.

If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.

Go to devices and printers and check if the right printer is selected as a default printer.

HP Instant Ink cannot cause this issue. This service works only if the printer is connected to a network.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation