S448M
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Printer will not connect to Instant Ink servers

Envy Photo 6230

Bought an Envy Photo 6230 printer about two months ago and immediately enrolled in Instant Ink, as I was given a 12 months free trial. When the time came to use the Instant Ink cartridges I could not print and the message stated that I needed to enrol before I could use them, which obviously, I had already done. After many phone calls to the technical help it was decided that the problem was with the set of cartridges. Was sent a new set and the exact same error was shown. Again, after many phone calls, the problem could not be resolved and I was advised that I would have to just use the normal very expensive bought cartridges. The explanation given was that Instant Ink could not be used with the printer owing to a connectivity problem between the printer and the HP Instant Ink servers. Surely, this means that there is a problem with this printer, or is it a common problem with the Envy Photo 6230? Any suggestions?

So, I am missing out on what was a very good free offer, which was the main reason  for me buying from HP in the first place, and now have two sets of totally useless cartridges that can not be used, and have to buy the overpriced HP cartridges.

Has anybody else had this problem?

1 REPLY 1
3,717 3,631 218 581
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Printer will not connect to Instant Ink servers

@S448M

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation