Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
09-21-2020 05:27 PM
Product: HP ENVY 4520
Operating System: macOS 10.15 Catalina
I just got the ENVY 4520 from my brother. I hooked it up wireless, and it prints and copies, then STOPS saying i must join Instant Ink or it will not work. How is that possible? Can i not just buy ink when I need it ???
1 REPLY 1
09-24-2020 04:53 AM
@Johnaddeo, Welcome to HP Support Community!
You can choose to opt-out of the HP Instant Ink program and but ink as and when needed. First, cancel the subscription, refer to the document Cancel Your HP Instant Ink Service for help.
Once the subscription is canceled the ink cartridges sent by HP Instant Ink will stop working, you'll need to have new cartridges handy.
Now, remove and add the web services-
Step 1 Remove the Web-Services -
1. From the top of the screen, touch or swipe down the tab to open the Dashboard, touch ( HP ePrint ), and then touch (Web Services Settings).
2. Touch Remove Web Services.
Reboot the devices.
Step 2 Enable the Web-Services -
1. From the top of the screen, touch or swipe down the tab to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ).
2. Touch Web Services Setup .
4. On the screen that appears, touch OK to allow the printer to automatically check for product updates.
5. If the Printer Update Options screen is displayed, select one of the options.
6. When the printer is connected to the server, the printer prints an information page. Follow the instructions on the information page to finish the setup.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".