Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Oh Deskjet 2632
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I’ve checked the cartridges and followed all troubleshooting and nothing works, I’ve now cancelled my instant ink subscription because there’s no use me using it if I can’t physically print anything

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @hannerking

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Are you using regular or Instant ink cartridges in the printer?

Try making a standalone copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

Check estimated ink levels in the printer and replace any low/empty ink cartridges.

Perform step 5 mentioned in this document.

Try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi @hannerking

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Are you using regular or Instant ink cartridges in the printer?

Try making a standalone copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

Check estimated ink levels in the printer and replace any low/empty ink cartridges.

Perform step 5 mentioned in this document.

Try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've run all the diagnostics, align and clean printheads several times varying times in between. All the colors print fine but black. It shows 25% grey, 50% grey but not 100% black. The box with the plus only shows blue dashes. I have replaced all the color cartridges except the black. Black text does not print.

Please send me a new black cartridge (I have an active Instant Ink account.

The Ink Shipment history shows the last black ink shipment was Feb 2019. When I check the estimated ink level it shows more that half full. But black text does not print.

Please send a new black cartridge ASAP.

HP Recommended

Hi @LazyHoarse

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

As the issue is related to Instant ink cartridges, I need more information to help you out.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I received a replacement black ink cartridge and installed it 2 days ago. Everything prints nicely. No problems with printing.

Thanks for the quick response.

HP Recommended

@LazyHoarse

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

when I print a document with only 1 page, 1 word, the printer pushes out about 10 blank pages then about 4 pages of giberage.  I have restarted both the computer and my laptop.  

HP Recommended

Hello- I tried the suggestions, I have uninstalled and reinstalled my printer.  It 'talks' to me just no print comes out.  I did the tools- clean cartridge, even the 2nd one, and nothing. The cartridges are HP and have not been used very much at all, meaning 5 pages max.  I cannot figure out why it won't print.  The virtual asst gave me a couple of ideas and none of those worked.

Not sure what to do next-it's Sunday night and I will of course be home all day Monday, except for about 11;45 to 2:30 MST Denver time I'll be outdoors, with social distance to be sure 😉

Baby Doe

HP Recommended

Hi @deedee1119, @Babydoe

Welcome to the HP Support Community. To assist you better, I would like to know the following:

• What model printer are you using?
  • Which application are you trying to print from?
  • Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word or Webpages and check if the issue persists?
  • Try making a standalone copy in black and color to check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey @kumar0307 

Thankyou for your help. I realised the ink had dried out. All working again Thankyou 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.