Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8610 e-All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello - 

I keep receiving an error message every time I print. It says "Your HP Instant Ink Account Needs Attention." When I try logging into my account, find my printer, and update my billing information it does not work. In fact, nothing in regards to my HP account seems to resolve whatever the issue is. Anyone have some insight as to what I should do?

I greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@lizzy13x

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

This means there has been an issue with the payment on file being declined.  This is normally because you have received a new credit/debit card than what is on file, or you need to update the expiration date. 

This is easy to fix:  

Go to Instantink.com and click the link to Sign In, which is located at the top right of the page, or under the 3 horizontal lines if you are on a mobile device.  On your account home page, click “Change Billing Information”, then “Change Payment Method”.  Re-enter all the data (credit card number, expiration date and CVV) even if you are only updating the expiration.  After you save your changes, it may take a few hours to re-process the payment card. When the card has been re-processed, you will be able to print again.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@lizzy13x

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

This means there has been an issue with the payment on file being declined.  This is normally because you have received a new credit/debit card than what is on file, or you need to update the expiration date. 

This is easy to fix:  

Go to Instantink.com and click the link to Sign In, which is located at the top right of the page, or under the 3 horizontal lines if you are on a mobile device.  On your account home page, click “Change Billing Information”, then “Change Payment Method”.  Re-enter all the data (credit card number, expiration date and CVV) even if you are only updating the expiration.  After you save your changes, it may take a few hours to re-process the payment card. When the card has been re-processed, you will be able to print again.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.