Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 6234
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a similar problem as been reported here already by others. I get the message of a faulty black ink cartridge. I followed the steps to clean the contacts, take it out, reset... It did not help. Then I tried twice to contact the HP support line, but it took too long to get someone on the line, so I laid down the phone. I've seen HP support reacting on the forum to help people and solve the issue. Maybe this can be done also for me. But to my opinion, there should be a better way to report this error. If HP can send new cartridges when they are empty, why not when they are faulty? Is there no button on the instant ink account page to report this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Olivier34, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Olivier34, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with my printer done the same thing have you had any joy in solving your problem

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with the black ink not printing. I have tried cleaning and realigning, resetting, and cycling power but believe the cartridge is faulty. How do I get a replacement cartridge?

HP Recommended

Hi,

I had to make a public post, not a reply or private one. Than someone took contact from HP support asking for details of my account and printer. Based on that, they've sent a new cartridge.

Regards,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.