Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

I have tried everything, new black ink cartridge, cleaning the area suggested, cleared the cartridge vent.  Spent hours on this!!!!!

Any other suggestions before I buy a new printer?

45 REPLIES 45
HP Recommended

@Patty1947

Welcome to HP support community.

Provide the printer model number or the product number?

Which operating system is installed on the computer to which this printer is connected?

Reply with the requested information for more assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there,

How can I speak to a live person about my printer not working.  The black ink is not printing and the color ink is coming out crazy!  The virtual chat is not helping at all!

HP Recommended

HP Photosmart 6520 (all in one series) specifically 6525

Serial No. [edit]

Product Number:  CX018A

HP Recommended

Please respond to [edit]

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Deb Costanza

HP Recommended

Printer is envy 5532

HP Recommended
HP Envy5540
HP Recommended

OFFICE JET PRO 8600 PLUS

HP Recommended

WINDOWS 10

HP Recommended

I live in the United States

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.