Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

black ink not printing …...have tried 2 new cartridges.....Printer 6978

HP Recommended

I think it is a software issue but HP told me that it is a hardware issue.  I guess they want me to buy a new printer. I did, I bought an Epson.

There are way too many persons with the same issue but using different printers.

Lani

HP Recommended

My printer is HP DeskJet 2632.

I’ve ran every cleaning, diagnostic tool I can, colour seems to be printing but absolutely no black at all? 

Very frustrating 

HP Recommended

@chjenkins, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I'm afraid this could be an issue with the printhead or the ink cartridge. If you have performed all the steps mentioned in this document and the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team for Service Options as it could be a possible hardware issue:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Printer model HP Photosmart C6180

MacBook Pro

HP Recommended

Hi ya 

i have a hp deskjet 2632 all in one printer and neither colour is printer but both full 

HP Recommended

Hi!

first of all: its a SHAME THE LACK OF A REAL HP SUPPORT FOR A 

PROBLEM  AFFECTING SO MANY PEOPLE!!!

Ok, this worked for me(until now) and i rly hope that can help other users too:

1- disconect the power cable from your printer

2- reconnect it and connect an usb/ethernet cable to your pc

2- open the printer and remove your black ink cartridge

3- after that, simply replace it with an old black ink cartridge - empty or not - and wait for the printer messaging recognition “old cartridge used before blablablabla” or something.

4- remove the old cartridge again and replace it for the new one or the latest in use.

5- Just test to print pages or docs again and watch the results:)

I hope it can be useful for you guys as it was for me \0/

HP Recommended

PS: the printer i got is HP OFICCEJET PRO 6830*

My previous post was deleted... Heres another try:

1 - disconnet the power cable 

2 - reconnect the power cable and connect an usb/ethernet cable to your PC.

3 - turn on the machine, and remove the black ink cartridge

4 - get an old cartridge used before (not the last one in use with the print problem) and install it.

5 - wait for the messaging “black ink cartridge used before whatever” and remove the old one from printer

6 - reinstall the new(or latest in use) black ink cartridge and try again to print test pages/docs

It worked for me until now*

HP Recommended

Only thing new are the two new cartridges

HP Recommended

I have the same problem: my printer works just fine except that it does not print black ink well. 

The computer has Windows 10

The product number is: TH8897XOYS

The model is HP Envy Photo 6232

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.