Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ADMeeker
5 5 0 0
Message 31 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: Black ink not working.

I have spent 2 non-stop days trying to print, but the new black cartridge just won't work.  I desperately need to print!

0 Kudos
ADMeeker
5 5 0 0
Message 32 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am using an HP OfficeJet Pro 6975 with Windows 10.

PLEASE help!  I NEED to get this printed!

0 Kudos
PaulPortugal
Level 1
5 5 0 1
Message 33 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Still working here:)

0 Kudos
MarkusN
1 1 0 1
Message 34 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am struck that thousands have looked at this page about a very basic problem—not being able to print black!—and the ONLY response from HP is a robotic message to do what we've all been spending hours doing according to instructions. Their only advice is to send it in for repair, when I'm sure that would cost more than buying a new printer. Incredible. I have to throw away the ink that, like so many others, I purchased to try to fix this problem. But this is as bad as company support gets. 

See ya. I'm off to buy an Epson, or anything besides HP. This is the third HP printer I've had problems with over the years. 

Oyster54
2 2 0 0
Message 35 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have an HP Photosmart 6520, and the black ink is not working.  I have cleaned the ink cartridge, cleaned the printheads, realigned the printer, and cleared the cartridge vent.  I have no idea what to do next. Any suggestions before I give up and just get a new printer?

0 Kudos
Yeah7
1 1 0 0
Message 36 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm still waiting for an answer

0 Kudos
mom43
1 1 0 0
Message 37 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

office jet 6962
0 Kudos
TT27
3 2 0 0
Message 38 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem, were you able to get help? The error message I got said the black cartridge is damaged even though it's a new one. I bought another one and I still get the same message.

0 Kudos
PaulPortugal
Level 1
5 5 0 1
Message 39 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

RePosting again a sort of hack tutorial i used to fix the same problem with my Officejet pro 6830.

This is not exactly a final solution bc the black ink process may fail again, but i can assure once i‘ve repeated the steps below, the black ink printing process always worked here o.O

1 - disconnet the power cable 

2 - reconnect the power cable and connect an usb/ethernet cable to your PC.

3 - turn on the machine, and remove the black ink cartridge

4 - get an old cartridge used before (not the last one in use with the print problem) and install it.

5 - wait for the messaging “black ink cartridge used before whatever” and remove the old one from printer

6 - reinstall the new black ink cartridge(or the latest in use) and try to print test pages/docs again

0 Kudos
Highlighted
DennyHo
Level 1
8 6 0 1
Message 40 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, but this did not help me.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation