09-13-2019 01:37 AM
Hi! Have a HP deskjet 3520, prod no: CX052B with problem on black ink.
Black is not working at all. Have bought a new ink, still same problem. Have done all troubleshooting, cleaning program and so on. All the color ink is good, also when printing.
When I try print only black, the paper is just blank.
09-16-2019 06:00 PM
@Sprokket Welcome to HP Community!
I suggest you check if the copier works as a stand-alone device? If it works fine and yet the printer doesn't print black on Windows 10, use the below steps:
- Press "Windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window.
- Type "services.msc" to get Services - Go to "Print spooler" - Right-click and "Stop" the service.
- Now again open "Run" - Type "spool" and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
- Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
- Now check for issue resolution.
- If the issue persists, unplug the USB cable from the printer (if present).
- Go to Control panel - Programs and feature - Select all the HP printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel - Devices and printer - Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to the Run window, type - "c:/programdata" - Go to the Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
- Restart your computer.
Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.
I am an HP Employee