Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

I have a HP Officejet 6700 Premium Printer, I replaced all of the cartridges though some were not yet empty. I got a message that said " print heads were missing ETC ". I followed correction instructions but printer is lock up with same error message.

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@Seanw100 @Rg3356 @rip90 I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had my printer for about a year, and my printer stopped printing. The pages just come out blank. i contacted custom care and they said its nothing they can do because my warranty expired. What do i do i literally have a printer that i need and can't use.

HP Recommended

@Teea I recommend you respond with the printer's model name so I can check if there's anything else we can do to help you out, regardless of the warranty, however, if it turns out to be a hardware malfunction, you will need to get it repaired or replaced for a price.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had this exact problem with my 6700, although mine was well over a year old.  After several unsuccessful attempts to troubleshoot and needing to get work done during "shelter in place," I ended up purchasing an Envy and taking the Officejet to a recycling center.  Too bad, that Officejet series was a great printer and I miss it already.  Wish HP could come up with a solution to this.  

HP Recommended

I also have same problem with my office jet 7500a, Then I download https://softfamous.net/hp-officejet-7500a-driver/  and reinstall it. The issue fixed.

HP Recommended

Yeah but the problem is installing a new driver requires you to be able to wirelessly connect to the printer. Since my printer is stuck on the printhead error screen i can't install new drivers because the printer can't be detected.

HP Recommended

I literally have the same issue. How can there be no support for a printer that is only a couple years old. I feel like this is a scam. My printer was perfectly fine. I use it regularly and it is not mistreated, tampered with, or moved around in any way. It has been in the same location since I got it, on my desk. How is it possible that it is broken? It's just a blank page. Happens every time I get an HP printer. Also had a recent update done on my printer. Coincidence? 

HP Recommended

Hi @lcard059

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the SAME EXACT ISSUES with a HP 2600. I love this printer...well, I guess I did. It was working perfectly, then stopped during a time when I was printing out multiple documents. I am getting a signals (icons blinking on the little screen) that the  ink cartridges are missing - when they are not. They are newly replaced within the past couple of weeks.  When I go online to my HP Assistant, it claims that my printer is offline....and it isn't. The WiFi is connected.

I can't print out an info page because the printer thinks there are no cartridges.  I've cleaned the cartridges, per direction on HP. UGH!!! My printer is out of warranty as well, but honestly, since HP is environmental conscious (the main reason I bought one), it would seem HP would provide assistance to fix an issue other than "buy a new printer".

Please help me HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.