Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

@dstoeckel, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

We have a HP OfficeJet 7612 printer in our office and we have the same problem. It gives an error message 'error in ink system, please turn the printer off and on, if the error still exists contact HP support'. I changed the ink cartridges to completely new ones, but the error still occurs and the printer does not work (not only the print function, but any other function, only the error message appears again and again).

Any solution?

HP Recommended

I have an HP Officejet Pro 8610 and am experiencing the identical problem.  I have brand new cartridges I installed too.  After turning on the printer, I get this message: "Startup Routine Ink Alert. Cartridges might not have enough ink to complete startup".  I then hit OK (even thought they are brand new cartridges).  I then get this message: "Problem with Ink system.  Lift the latch . . . . " I follow all instructions.  Determine no leaks in the cartridges, reinstall them, turn off the printer, then turn it on again.  Same thing plays out all over again.  HELP!!!

HP Recommended

I have a HP Officejet Pro 8600 , I replaced all of the cartridges though some were not yet empty. I got a message that said " print heads were missing ETC ". I followed correction instructions but printer is lock up with same error message.  any one else??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.