Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-07-2022 03:14 AM
For weeks and weeks my printed is continually showing 'remove and reinstall Ink Cartridges' when I am trying to print. I've looked at the online advise and tried all methods but this is still happening. I have the Instant Ink contract so only genuine cartridges are being used. I'm now very close to throwing the printer out of the window. If anyone can help I would be grateful as HP's customer service is literally non existant. Happy to take your money but no back-up.
04-04-2022 12:14 PM
Reset the printer
Reset the printer to recover from printer errors or failures.
- If your printer has a rechargeable battery, remove it.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.
- NOTE:HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
- Turn on the printer to complete the reset.
Clean the ink cartridge and carriage electrical contacts
Remove any debris or buildup from the contacts on the cartridges and in the carriage.
- Open the door or lid to the cartridge access area. Wait until the carriage stops moving before continuing.
- Remove the cartridge indicated in the error message from the carriage.
- Carriages with cartridge latches: Open the latch, and then pull the cartridge up and out of the slot.
- Carriages without cartridge latches: Gently press down on the cartridge to release it, and then pull it out of the slot.
- Holding the cartridge by the sides, remove any protective tape that still might be on the contacts.
- Do not touch the ink nozzles or the copper-colored electrical strip. Touching or trying to remove these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.
- Lightly dampen a lint-free cloth with distilled water, and then wipe the copper-colored contacts on the cartridge.
- Lightly dampen a lint-free cloth or swab with distilled water, and then clean the electrical contacts in the carriage.
- Wait 10 minutes for the contacts to dry, and then reinsert the cartridge into its color-coded slot.
- Repeat these steps for the other cartridge if it was indicated in the error message.
- Close the door or lid to the cartridge access area.
Refer to this HP document for further assistance:- Click here
Keep me posted.
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee