cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Sam123451
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Remove and reinstall Ink Cartridge message

HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 6234

My HP Envy 6234  which has worked fine for a long time now won't print, showing as a problem

"Remove and reinstall the indicated ink cartridge, making sure it is correctly installed". 

The "indicated ink cartridge" is apparently the black one.  I have done as instructed countless times over a period of days with no success. I have also turned off and disconnected the printer; no success. Can anyone help?

The virtual help says I need to replace the cartridge but the HP Instant Ink says it wont replace until the error is resolved.

Thankyou

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,899 18,877 1,559 1,555
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Sam123451, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,899 18,877 1,559 1,555
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Sam123451, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

Scott105
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can't get past this message following a smeared black print when it is the virtually new color cartridge causing the problem.

0 Kudos
Ellie55
3 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The printer worked fine then suddenly I get this message. I have reinstalled countless times, powered down but make no difference. Continues to say if reinstalling does not solve the problem install a new cartridge.

Cannot order new cartridge as HP says I need to fix the problem first.

Not sure what to do now? Can anyone help, please? 

0 Kudos
Betty0610
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16,250 16,232 875 710
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Ellie55

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Which Printer do you have and is your Printer enrolled in the HP Instant Ink Program?

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation