Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Envy 7640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have already remove all the e-print, webservice from my printer(HP envy Envy 7640). I also cancelled my instant ink account on my HP instant ink website. However I don't understand why the printer always shows up an message 

"Connect to HP intsant ink" [OK] [Connect] 

That forces me to connect to HP instant ink regardless everytime when I tried to print a simple page on my printer. It is very anonying. 

Anyone encounter similar issue? Do I need to factory reset the whole thing to completely get rid of the instant ink on my printer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@mluvw47 

Hello,

If you have just cancelled your HP Instant Ink service, you should not deactivate web services until the end of your billing cycle.

• You will be able to keep printing with Instant Ink cartridges until the end of your current billing cycle.
  • At the end of the current billing cycle, you will need to replace the Instant Ink subscription cartridges with traditional cartridges from your favorite retailer in order to keep printing.
  • Because Instant Ink bills at the end of each billing cycle you will still receive your final monthly charge, if applicable to your account.

Please turn the web services back on so that you can print again. After the end of the billing cycle the HP Instant Ink service cartridges will need to be resent to HP Instant Ink.

Do not hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@mluvw47 

Hello,

If you have just cancelled your HP Instant Ink service, you should not deactivate web services until the end of your billing cycle.

• You will be able to keep printing with Instant Ink cartridges until the end of your current billing cycle.
  • At the end of the current billing cycle, you will need to replace the Instant Ink subscription cartridges with traditional cartridges from your favorite retailer in order to keep printing.
  • Because Instant Ink bills at the end of each billing cycle you will still receive your final monthly charge, if applicable to your account.

Please turn the web services back on so that you can print again. After the end of the billing cycle the HP Instant Ink service cartridges will need to be resent to HP Instant Ink.

Do not hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. Greatly appericated. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.