cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
debbieheath2003
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Replaced ink, still not printing. How do you clean if not been used in long time?

HP Recommended
HP Photosmart C1680

HP Photosmart C1680 replace ink -- new installed but still not able to print - still says to replace ink.

Haven't used in a while, how can I clean or fix to print?

1 REPLY 1
Kumar0307
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,419 20,421 1,489 1,738
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @debbieheath2003

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I understand the printer is not printing fine. I'd be happy to assist you.

Clean the printhead

1. Press the Setup button.

2. Press the down arrow button until Tools is highlighted and then press OK.

3. Press the down arrow button until Clean Printhead is highlighted and then press OK. A test page is printed.

4. If the print quality is bad, go on to the next step for further cleaning.

5. Open the Printer Toolbox. There are two ways to do this:

• Open HP Solution Center. Select the Settings menu, then the Print Settings submenu, and finally the Printer Toolbox.

• Open Printers and Faxes in the Windows Control Panel, then right-click your printer icon and choose Properties. Click Printing Preferences. Click the Features tab, then click the Printer Services button.

6. The Printer Toolbox opens. On the Device Services tab, click Clean the Printheads , then follow the on-screen instructions. Up to three levels of cleaning are available. Discard or recycle the page that prints.

7. If cleaning the printheads once does not help, follow the directions in step 6, but use the next level of cleaning.

If the issue persists, perform the steps mentioned in this document.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation