Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3532
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I, Ralph Ivan Padayao, has encountered a conflict on replacing the instant ink cartridge for my HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3532. The previous ink cartridge I used for this product was ink cartridge 655. The product was originally bought in Doha, Qatar but it was later on sent to me here in the Philippines. I tried to find ink cartridges that are most compatible with my printer because the ink cartridge 655 that I used to have for my printer is not available in the mall where I was searching. The store helper instead gave me an ink cartridge 685. The helper told me that it would work for the printer for it was compatible with the series of my printer.

When I tried to replace the old cartridges with the ink cartridge 685, the printer did not recognize the ink cartridge and was not able to work with the new ink cartridge. I am hoping that there's a way for these ink cartridges to work.

- 2/23/2020 (PST)

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@88688, Welcome to HP Support Community!

We need to perform a regional reset on the printer to resolve this issue. 

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device. 

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I need help on how to make my hp envy 5534 accept the new # cartdriges due to change of country of purchase. Originally the printer uses the 301 cartdriges and I got the equivalent ones with the 122 number. 

Thank you very much.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.