Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1shep
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Seldom use printer, but always says low on ink???

HP Envy 4520
iOS

Seldom use printer, but always says low on ink. Can I just buy black cartridge or what can I do ?

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,972 11,952 794 788
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Seldom use printer, but always says low on ink???

@1shep

This Printer does support single cartridge mode

Use the single-cartridge mode to operate the HP ENVY 4520 series with only one ink cartridge. The single cartridge mode is initiated when an ink cartridge is removed from the ink cartridge carriage. During single cartridge mode, the printer can copy documents, copy photos, and print jobs from the computer.

NOTE: When the HP ENVY 4520 series operates in single-cartridge mode, a message is displayed on the printer display. If the message is displayed and two ink cartridges are installed in the printer, verify that the protective piece of plastic tape has been removed from each ink cartridge. When plastic tape covers the ink cartridge contacts, the printer cannot detect that the ink cartridge is installed.

You can refer to page 33 in the User Guide: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04778353

Hope this helps. Have a great weekend 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation