Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Envy 5055

So, I have an Envy 5055. I started the instant ink program because of the roll over pages. I will not print anything for a month, and then all of the sudden need 50 pages printed, and it is really helpful to have extra pages without being charged. I always received the 65/304 cartridges. They always work well. I bought ink one time, before I signed up for this program over a year ago now, and took the old cartridges with me. I installed the new cartridges when I got home and started using them immediately. So I know it wasn't an error in purchase that I made myself. After that, I was only shipped my ink cartridges through instant ink.

Well, today I ran out of black because I am printing photos, and it was bound to happen sometime. I opened a box that has been sitting in my supply drawer, (we always take the ink out of the shipping box and put it in there), and I remember that when I received them, I noticed the boxes were bigger, but I didn't think anything of it because HP has never done me wrong.

These ones are too big. I opened the box itself, and it is a 902xl. It looks different, and I am pretty sure it is too big to even be installed at all. So, is it possible I was sent the wrong ink? Or am I just an idiot and they can be installed, in which case, can someone tell me how I get them to fit in there? 

This is so strange, and I received two separate boxes of them. They are the ones I received most recently, and at some point over the last 6 months I switched to a subscription that allows more pages printed, so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it?

Please let me know if anyone has the solution.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Kraeheston, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Kraeheston, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.