11-09-2019 09:48 AM
Hiya. I'm trying to set up instant ink but I do not have any ink so can't print the page and doesn't look like there's a workaround? Does that mean until I buy ink this is impossible?
11-12-2019 12:13 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the claim code.
We need to enable the Web-Services to generate a claim code -
1) From the printer control panel, press the Wireless button and the Information button together to print the network configuration page.
2) Find out the IP address or hostname of the printer from the network configuration page.
3) In a supported web browser on your computer or a mobile device, type the IP address or hostname assigned to the printer.
For example, if the IP address is 192.168.0.12, type the following address into a Web browser: http://192.168.0.12.
4) Click the Web Services tab.
6) If prompted, choose to allow the printer to check for and install printer updates
7) When the printer is connected to the server, the printer will generate a eprint.com email address. The first part of the eprint.com email is the claim code.
To know more, please refer to step#1 "Printers without a touchscreen or text-based display" from this document.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee