Did you mean: 
Markids1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Shelf life of ink

Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I received a ink shipment in August 2018 and never opened it.  What is the shelf life for unopened ink?

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,139 6,132 397 485
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Shelf life of ink

@Markids1, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The date printed on the outer wrapper may be the date of manufacture, which would be two years before the end of warranty date.

Note that the date shown for warranty is only for the warranty of the ink cartridge and not the expiration of the ink cartridge.

The packaging materials used to protect ink cartridges enable a good shelf life.

The ink cartridge that you have is just a year old and would work fine in the printer. There is no exact shelf life as such. However, it is recommended you use the ink cartridge before the end of warranty date mentioned on it. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation