Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Due to a gap between moving out of old house and moving into the new house I went on my HP account to cancel my subscription, as my printer would be in storage and therefore, would not be used. HP suggested that I could suspend the account rather than cancel and then restart my account later.

I did this. No problem.

HP said that the account and billing would recommence after three months. The three months are nearly up, but I may need a longer period before my printer is back in use.

Is it possible to extend the suspension period, or would I need to cancel my account and start again with a new account at some time in the future?

My printer is packed away in storage.

Thanks for any comments.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@LP5996 I've sent out another private message in response, and that should help you get this sorted.

let me know if you need anything else.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@LP5996 I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Riddle Decipher.

thanks for this.

have replied to your private mail.

😎

HP Recommended

Hi 

I haven't heard anything re this issue.

Today I received an e mail telling me that the account has been unsuspended and my £7.99 account recommences.

My printer is still in storage and not useable.

Any news ?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@LP5996 The details you've mentioned is insufficient, please provide the complete details, so that we may have this sorted,

I've sent out a private message with the details, again.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

I have replied to your private mail.

What you have asked for is impossible !

I have explained that the printer is locked away in storage, and I can't see how the printer product number and other numbers are relevant to keeping my account temporarily suspended for a while longer.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@LP5996 I've sent out another private message in response, and that should help you get this sorted.

let me know if you need anything else.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.