Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

Usually tablet mode doesn't trigger automatically when I fold it over 180-degrees. All of the settings saying to switch automatically are on. I have the latest drivers installed. What usually gets it working is powering it off, holding the power for 30 seconds, then turning it back on. Something I read on the HP support forums related to this issue. 75% of the time this gets it working, but then the following day it is back to not working.

Any suggestions for a permanent fix?

I haven't tried a clean install yet of Windows 10, but will in the next week or so since I am putting a new hard drive in it.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @TrevorSaldana,

Please share the product number of your PC to assist you better.

Try updating the windows to the latest version.

Try the steps recommended below.

Try updating the BIOS and chipset drivers on your PC using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using the HP support assistant. Click Here

Here are some steps that may help you disable Nomal view and return to the Tablet mode. 

• Click or tap the Start button
  • Launch the Settings app
  • Click or tap on "System"
  • In the left pane of the screen, scroll down to the bottom until you see "Tablet Mode"
  • Verify that the toggle is set to ON. 

Changing Tablet mode settings

1. In Windows, search for and open Tablet mode settings.

The Tablet mode window opens.

Figure : Tablet mode window

Tablet mode window
  2. Use the following instructions to enable the tablet mode and to change settings.

• To enable tablet mode, click On in the Make Windows more touch-friendly when using your device as a tablet section.

Figure : Turning On tablet mode

Turning On tablet mode
    • To specify what happens when you sign in, click the When I sign in box. Then, select Automatically switch to tablet mode, Go to the desktop, or Remember what I used last.

Figure : Selecting sign-in options

Selecting sign-in options
    • To specify how you will be notified when your notebook switches modes, click the When this device automatically switches tablet mode on or off box. Then, select Don't ask me and don't switch, Always ask me before switching, or Don't ask me and always switch.

Figure : Notification options

Notification options
    • To hide the taskbar app icons, click On in the Hide app icons on the taskbar in tablet mode section.

Figure : Hiding the app icons in tablet mode

Clicking On to hide the app icons in tablet mode

Refer this article to know more information about switching to tablet mode. Click Here

Hope this answers your query!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.