Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Tango X
iOS

Dear all,

I printed 4 photos over the iOS HP Smart App from my Iphone 11 Pro with my Tango X on 4x6" HP photo paper which was included when I bought the printer. The Photos counted towards my normal subsription pages but normally they should be free mobile photo printing up to 5x7" on this printer?

Did soembody else have this problem?

Does my printer not recognize the size of the paper corretly? Print looks perfect but soemhow it counts as normal pages towards my subscription plan.

Unbenannt.JPG

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Exactly same issue as you with a 12 pro

I contacted support through messenger, and after trying to log out, log back in, uninstall reinstall... like 7 or 8 tests has been done with support on line, and same issue.

I also tried to select picture from iphone galery (through hp smart app of course)

I send this post to him and i'm waiting for an answer now

I never tried before today, so I can't say if this was an old issue or not

I print on 4*6" aswell

HP Recommended

I have the same issue and did not try it before today. I printed using the HP Smart app and just realized that it does not count as free photos as mentioned in the subscription.

Hope they reply here with some clear feedback.

Screenshot 2020-12-26 at 11.51.16.png

HP Recommended

Hi @PKG2,

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I know that this an old discussion, but did you find a solution for this?

My Tango started having the same problem: Printing 10x15 cm photos aren‘t counted as free any more. It stopped working about November or December 2020.

I‘m following the instructions of HP support for three weeks now. I tried reinstalling the app, using another device, resetting the printing.

HP Recommended

I have no solution and I have been on enough of calls with HP with no solution till date. 

HP Recommended

@PKG2, @chord, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand your concern. Kindly contact the Instant Ink department in your region for assistance. The contact information can be found on the home page of Instant Ink. Click here

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Kumar0307,

I have been in touch with my regional instant ink support center for a while and I am tired of not getting an answer or a solution. If you have a proper solution, why don't you share among all of us who have the problem. Just asking us to call the regional support center does not give us a solution and everyone should know the problems we face so its easy to transfer knowledge.

Thanks, 

HP Recommended

Kindly contact the Instant Ink department…

Thank you, but there is already an open support ticket since one month. They told me for example to reinstall the app and to answer some questions about the paper I use. I tried everything they told me but without success. 

For me it seems that I should repeatedly work off some standard procedure. After the third message I asked if they can confirm that my problem is traceable by viewing the log data. Now I‘m waiting for 10 days for a reply, that‘s annoying.

HP Recommended

you answer question about paper you use, you answer milion times that you do it using the app, you answer about the version of your app, and ios version aswell (of course, you loose 1 day if there is an update you did not see the day you answer)

you try a lot of things, each time they ask...

And at the end, they tell you they have to change the printer for a new one (like if there was an hardware issue for that)

They did not answer about the fact I was not the only one having the issue, as we are some here..

So, I will contact them again to agree on the printer change, but I don't think that will be a fix, this is just gaining some time... 😞

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.