Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
hp officejet pro 7740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to register my printer with instant ink and it says my printer has already been claimed?  i dont recall doing this?  how do i reset?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @ppasking

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Press the HP ePrint icon on your control panel display and select Remove Web Services. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove Web Services, press the HP ePrint icon again, and then follow the prompts to re-enable Web Services. A new Printer Info Page titled "Congratulations" prints with a new claim code. Try to claim the printer again using the new claim code. If the page does not print, see the troubleshooting item "The printer info page did not print". If you are unable to find the HP ePrint icon on your control panel display, see "Cannot find HP ePrint icon on printer control panel display" in this document.

If the issue persists,

Please try the below steps to REMOVE the Webservices from the Printer.

On the printer, below the Wireless button, 

Touch the ePrint icon on the printer.
Touch the "Gear icon", then scroll to select the option "Remove Web Services"

To enable, it,  Touch the ePrint icon on the printer and then follow the instruction displyed on the printer. In the end the printer would print the CODE.

Go to the HP Connect page, login to your account. Click ADD printer and then when prompted enter the CODE that was printed.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.