Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
ENVY 4500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to print out an email and every time I've tried to print it out, I always have to save before I can print it. Even after I have saved the email as a document and try to print it out again from my saved documents it just asks me to save again.

When I try to print and I see the print screen window appear, it is selected to my printer which I wish to print from and the box is unchecked for saving document as a file. So I'm not entirely sure why I can't seem to print directly without having to save.

Again, just to be clear, I am connected and have selected to my printer that I wish to print from and the box is uncheck for documents to be saved as a document/file. 

Still not sure why it keeps asking me to save instead of printing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Peter-P2020, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word or Webpages and check if that works fine?

Which Email client and which web browser are you using?

If you are using Internet Explorer then right-click on the Email, Print, check to make sure the proper printer is selected and that the "print to file" is NOT checked.

You may try in different web browsers like Google Chrome or Firefox.

Also, Go to Devices and printers > left click on the printer > Set as default(Green checkmark)

Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issues

Click here to download. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Peter-P2020, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word or Webpages and check if that works fine?

Which Email client and which web browser are you using?

If you are using Internet Explorer then right-click on the Email, Print, check to make sure the proper printer is selected and that the "print to file" is NOT checked.

You may try in different web browsers like Google Chrome or Firefox.

Also, Go to Devices and printers > left click on the printer > Set as default(Green checkmark)

Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issues

Click here to download. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Installed the HP Print and Scan Doctor and that fixed the problem. Thanks again for your assistance. Cheers!

HP Recommended

@Peter-P2020

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.