Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8610

Cartridge cannot be used until printer is enrolled in HP Instant Ink

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DFowler1 When your printer is not enrolled or web services are not enabled, a 'Cartridge cannot be used until printer is enrolled in HP Instant Ink' message displays, here's all you need to know and do, to fix this issue once and for all:

1. If your printer is not enrolled, go to HP Instant Ink and click Sign Up Now to be guided through set up.

2. If your printer is enrolled, make sure web services is enabled on your printer. For help, go to Turn On Web Services.

3. If the error persists and your printer uses two ink cartridges, reset your printer.

1. Remove the ink cartridges from the printer and set them aside.

2. Unplug the printer.

3. Wait 30 seconds.

4. Plug the printer back in.

5. Reinstall the ink cartridges.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.