Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-26-2022 09:11 PM
HP deskjet 2700
Unable to connect to the printer.
Check your connection and try again later.
Cartridge cannot be used until printer is enrolled in HP Instant Ink' or 'This cartridge can only be used in a printer that is currently enrolled in HP Instant Ink' Message?
03-02-2022 07:47 AM
@MissVee21, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.
To assist you better, is the printer enrolled in Instant Ink?
Are you using Instant Ink cartridges in the printer?
For Instant Ink to work, the printer has to be connected to the internet. Let us try these steps:
- Restart the router, the printer, and the PC
Use the WPS method to connect the printer
- Make sure the printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network. Either 2.4 or 5GHz network. Try connecting to 2.4Ghz band.
- If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both networks.
- Connect the printer to a 2.4GHz band.
- This printer supports WPA encryption, check if the router is on the same encryption method. If using WEP or WPA-PSK+FT change it to WPA-PSK
- The blue light on the printer should be steady.
Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee