Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

I have been trying to reach out to a HP technical support person but no body is helping right now.

HP Recommended

@CoooolRaoul

If the printer is out of warranty, then yes, you will have to pay for the support.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@rjm6

Were you not able to speak to an HP technician?

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Kumar0307 wrote:

@CoooolRaoul

If the printer is out of warranty, then yes, you will have to pay for the support.

My printer works fine, it's the login to HP account from Smart APP application which is having problem

So what printer warranty have to do with this?

HP Recommended

@CoooolRaoul

You will be paying for the technical support. If the printer is under warranty, technical support is free with a hardware warranty. 

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

You will be paying for the technical support. If the printer is under warranty, technical support is free with a hardware warranty. 

The problem is with my hp account, not with my printer, I have to pay to get support for that also?

And how much does this costs?

HP Recommended

NO. Nobody is reaching out to help me with my situation with the HP Smart app.

HP Recommended

BTW the problem is not restricted to my printer, it's with Hp Smart account.

If I log in on a browser at https://www.hpsmart.com/

After signing in (user+pass) I'm getting the following error

CoooolRaoul_0-1607365018805.png

Tried with 3 different Browsers

HP Recommended

@CoooolRaoul, @rjm6

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Kumar0307 wrote:

@CoooolRaoul, @rjm6

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

I've replied to the private message  (sorry for the delay but I didn't get email notification of it)
Meanwhile, I've found a (not perfect) workaround by using the following steps:

• disabled HP web services on my printer maintenance menu
  • created another HP account
  • activated HP web services 
  • associated my printer with my new account using the claim code printed

No error now.

I think that this is an evidence that the problem is not with the printer but in the HP account.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.