Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hpofficejetpro6968 error remove and reinstall the indicated cartridge. I tried to do hard reset and tried couple times. but no luck it is still throw same error.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @nrajasekhar88

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I understand you are not able to print due to ink cartridge error. I'd be happy to assist you.

• Is the printer enrolled in Instant Ink?
  • Are you using Instant ink cartridges?
  • Which ink cartridge is indicated in the error?

Kindly perform the steps mentioned in this document.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No, I didn’t enroll instant ink and try to install off market cartridge and still show same error.

i tried to follow your steps but still show same error 

HP Recommended

@nrajasekhar88

If the issue persists, I'm afraid this is a hardware issue. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It is not hardware issue because when I insert empty start up ink cartridge it is not showing any error . Only off market cartridge shows errror.

HP Recommended

@nrajasekhar88

I understand, HP cannot guarantee the functionality of non-HP ink cartridges. As you have tried all the steps and the error persists, the HP Support team will be able to assist you better.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Who will be go support I throught you are from HP support team.. do you have any point of contact like number or email that I can send my question to them.

HP Recommended

@nrajasekhar88

I'm an HP employee who works for HP Community. HP support team handles the hardware issues and services.

I have sent you a private message with the contact details. Kindly check the same.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.