Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

If I purchase a NEW HP printer with an instant ink package will I be able to use the instant ink package.

I already have a currently active instant ink account but would like to upgrade my current printer to a better spec printer i.e. the following printer has 12 months instant ink as part of the purchase price and would be a great upgrade to the current HP printer I currently use https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9199314?clickSR=slp:term:hp%206032:4:234:1 - but I would want to ensure that the 12 months instant ink package was usable as part of the purchase.

thanks in advance

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Infostocksy, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Once you purchase the new printer, the free months will be credited after adding the printer to your Instant Ink account. Also, check with Argos if they're providing any prepaid card to claim the free months.

If you choose to discard the existing old printer, I'd suggest you cancel the subscription on that printer.

You can always reach out to the HP Instant Ink support team for any help.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Infostocksy, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Once you purchase the new printer, the free months will be credited after adding the printer to your Instant Ink account. Also, check with Argos if they're providing any prepaid card to claim the free months.

If you choose to discard the existing old printer, I'd suggest you cancel the subscription on that printer.

You can always reach out to the HP Instant Ink support team for any help.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is excellent news, thanks for your time responding. Cant wait to get a new printer with duplexer and larger capacity input tray.

HP Recommended

@Infostocksy

You're welcome 🙂

Do reach us out if you need help with the new printer set up once ordered 🙂

Cheers!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.