Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2700 All-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

ive bought the Deskjet 2700 All-in-one series, everything works great except it cannot connect to Web Services. The printer is connected to my wi-fi, (light is solid blue), ive refreshed the EWS, when I troubleshoot i get the following message The printer could not connect to Web Services. 'Web Services might be busy or temporarily unavailable. Try again later'. 

Software and firmware is up-to-date.

ive seen a few solutions on here, I've tried a couple, but nothing seems to work.

Is the service currently down, or is it an issue on my end?

Any ideas? 

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@thepsychofox

Welcome to the HP support community.

Turn On Web Services

1. Make sure the printer is connected to a wired (Ethernet) or wireless network with an active internet connection.

NOTE: 

If you connect your printer to a computer with a USB cable, web-connected printing services do not work.

• If your printer is connected with a wireless connection, make sure the wireless feature is on and the printer is connected to the same network as your computer.

Some printers have a wireless icon  and a blue light on the front of the printer. If the printer has a blue light, and the light is on and not blinking, your printer is connected.

2. Print a Network configuration or Wireless Network Test Results page using button combinations on the printer control panel.

• For most printers, press the Wireless and Information buttons at the same time, or press the Wireless and Start Copy Black buttons at the same time.

3. Find the printer IP address on the printout.

Example of a printer IP address.

4. Type the printer IP address into the browser address line, and then press Enter.

NOTE: 

Make sure to type the IP address into the internet browser's address box. If typed into a toolbar search box or search engine, the EWS does not open.

5. If a login or certificate window displays, complete the information to finish opening the EWS.

• If a website security certificate displays, click Continue to open the EWS.

• If a login window opens, type admin for the username, and then type the PIN found on the printer UPC sticker located underneath or on the back of the printer, or the password set by the printer administrator.

Example printer UPC sticker with PIN

6. On the EWS, click the Web Services tab.

• If the tab is not available, your printer does not support Web Services.

• If a summary page displays, Web Services is already on.

Example of clicking Print Info Page.

• If a setup page displays, follow the prompts to turn on Web Services.

NOTE: 

If you cannot turn on Web Services, make sure the printer firmware is up-to-date. For more information, go to Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.

Example of the Web Services setup webpage

You can refer to this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

deleted - duplicate post

HP Recommended

Hi Sandy,

Thank you for the reply.

Sorry, but this did not work and the error still remains,

What is next to try?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@thepsychofox We got you covered, please check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it as I've sent out a list of questions and I could provide a better solution once I have the answers: Click here to access the private messages section

We eagerly await your response,

Help us, help you.

And Take care.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.