Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2700 Series

I enrolled my new printer in instant ink right away so cartridges would be shipped ASAP. In the past with my last two HP Deskjets, the iinstant ink page count and billing wouldn't start until the first shipped cartridges were installed. With this printer, instant ink started immediately upon enrollment, and the cartridges included with the printer somehow converted into instant ink cartridges.

If I had known that would happen, I'd have waited before enrolling and run down the included cartridges printing for "free" before enrolling. I feel like you've stolen the couple hundred pages the included cartridges would've printed if I had never signed up.

Why did this change without warning? Can I unenroll and re-enroll later to get my included ink back?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@HelenSmile That's most likely because the printer is HP Instant Ink ready, the cartridges sent with it are a part of the program, so you don't have to wait for the shipment, it's already started, however, the initial plan depending on what you've selected and if you've had any offers, would be free.

here are a few things you may want to know about your HP Instant Ink account page before we get into the details of resolving your concern: Click here for FAQs.

• Your HP Instant Ink account page contains the data on past deliveries and estimated shipments.  
  • It also helps you understand what state your cartridges are in based on HP's data,  
  • Any issues will be shown with its solution using a step by step approach, to make it easier for you!

Please check your account page to see the latest cartridge information by signing into your account at "instantink.com".    

If the suggested information can't be found, You may respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it as I've sent out a list of questions and I could provide a better solution once I have the answers: Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

We eagerly await your response,

Help us, help you.

And Take care.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

None of that answered my question of why the policy changed. Of course the printer is "instant ink ready", else I couldn't enroll in a plan. My last two instant ink printers were also instant ink ready, but neither of those counted pages printed with the included cartridges against me!

In those older printers, the included ink carts packed with printer were considered "mine", and even after I signed up for instant ink, I was free to print as many pages as I wanted with those initial carts (until they ran dry), and my instant ink plan didn't start until I installed the high capacity instant ink cartridges you mailed to me.

With this Deskjet 2700, the pages I printed with the included carts didn't count towards my plan until the minute I enrolled, then all the pages I printed from that point started counting against my plan!

It's like the cartridges were only mine as long as I didn't enroll, but once I did, you took them back from me and made them plan cartridges! As I said, had I known that would happen, I would've used up more of the included carts before enrolling.

Instead, because I chose the 15 page/month "free" plan, you essentially confiscated the ink the printer came with and started charging me to use my own ink!

Pretty sleazy, HP!

HP Recommended

@HelenSmile

I understand your concern. I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction with our HP Instant Ink team. Please reach out to the HP Instant Ink team in your region for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.