Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GGGW
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Why does HP want to make me never buy from them again?

Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My wife and I had been charged $2.99 / month / printer on 2 printers for almost 3 years. They happen to be the 5th and 6th HP printers we have owned. I don’t like change. In months that we did a lot of printing, we would get BOMBARDED with notifications that we should upgrade our service because we had gone over THAT MONTH’S allotment. Crickets when we didn’t print for a month or three...  We did an analysis, realized we are not right for the program and canceled.

We were charged for the next month because of the timing of the cancellation, and they would not credit the $$ back.

BUT THE WORST THING - AND THE REASON I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER HP PRODUCT - IS THE FACT THAT THE PRINTER WILL NOT ALLOW US TO USE OUT THE REST OF THE INK IN THESE CARTRIDGES. That’s right. We have to throw them away and go buy 3rd party cartridges. Well, I’ll do you one better. I’ll go buy 2 new printers and NEVER use HP again. THIS PROGRAM  IS A SCAM. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9,027 9,030 797 958
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @GGGW

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
GGGW
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I appreciate your response, but why is this necessary?  I shouldn’t have to go through this process to use ink I have paid for. Even if there is some narrow use case in which it is possible I might be getting “free ink”, who cares?  It is in my possession at this point. Not allowing me to use it has NO effect other than angering a customer. And wasting ink (and plastic, etc...). 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation