Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

Here's another complaint about the Instant Ink program. I bought a new printer on Black Friday for $25. Almost $105 off the "suggested retail price" which would just piss me off further if I had to pay that price and be held at ransom for ink. The printer came with two starter cartridges. It said I would get a total of 5 free months if I signed up for Instant Ink. I did because it sounded like a great offer. Well a few weeks ago I decided I didn't want to pay HP for the rest of life when I was able to get the printer for $25. Well, I canceled and the agent told me that my ink cartridges would still work. Which makes legal sense since, you know, they came with the printer I paid for. Well, when I was talking to another agent he told me that those cartridges wouldn't work at all once the subscription gets cancelled. That's swell. I can't use the cartridges that came with the printer I bought because I cancelled a subscription. Is HP going to reimburse me for those cartridges? Should I just go buy another printer and not connect it to the internet? Which I can't do regularly since I don't have home Wi-Fi. I get not being able to use the cartridges they sent me. I didn't even use them. Why is it okay to hold my printer for ransom because I want to use the cartridges I paid for?! If I can't use them, I'd expect a check. Since it would cost me over $40 to get new ink, I'll expect that check in the mail since you're going to disable something I paid for. That would be like buying a new car and since you didn't pay for OnStar, they disable your vehicle until you subscribe to that program. **edited

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@jnick93

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. While we don't take the removal of information lightly, I'm sorry to inform you that your recent post has been edited / removed per our Rules of Participation (referenced below):

Think before you post: You may not use, or allow others to use, your registration membership to post or transmit: a) "Rants", "slams", or legal threats against HP, another company or any person.

This Community is not a venue for legal discussion. All users are expected to maintain a courteous tone when posting on the community. As this is a peer to peer community, if you wish to reach HP, you may use the contact information found here: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html. Finally, your post has been forwarded to the appropriate team and expect a private message as a reply.

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.