cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
PaulShao23
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Will HP's printing plan recycle non-HP ink cartridges?

HP Recommended
ENVY 5052

Hi, everyone

I used up a box of HP cartridges before, and later bought other cartridges of the same size. Now I am considering choosing a printing plan, but I found that I had thrown away the original HP cartridges before. So I want to ask, if I choose the printing plan, will HP accept and recycle my non-HP ink cartridges? Hope to solve and thanks.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
32,037 31,742 2,921 10,666
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@PaulShao23 

The answer, the proper answer, is "No."

It seems like plastic is plastic is plastic - it is not always the case.

Regardless, at the present, HP accepts original HP ink cartridges for recycling.

HP supplies recycling

IMPORTANT:  HP Planet Partners - HP LaserJet and inkjet print cartridge Return and Recycling program is only available for end-users who have used HP original cartridges in the manner for which they are intended. Any other use of the Return and Recycling program is unauthorized. Do not use the HP Return and Recycling Program for defective supplies. Defective supplies which are still under warranty as described in the specific HP supplies warranty statement should be exchanged with an authorized dealer or service center. Used supplies which are inadvertently sent to the HP Return and Recycling Program cannot be returned.

Click FAQ > Acceptable Products

Next

HP Product return & recycling

Scroll down > in Section Recycle

Select Region (North America) and Country (Canada)

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up on a post to show appreciation for the help.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find a solution.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation