cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Suzie172
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

black color missing = new ink installed

HP Recommended
PHFotosmart 7525
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HPFotosmart 7525 replaced ink cartridges, all except Photo (70% full) printed out test and all colors show good except black was missing. ScanDoc checked it out, said all looks good, black there, when when printing a doc, either doesn't come out or it's in light blue.

3 REPLIES 3
Jay_G24
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,660 12,629 978 1,108
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Suzie172,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the "Missing black" issue. 

To better assist you - 

1) Does the black and white copy work? 

2) What's the application you are trying to print from? Have you tried printing from a different application or device? 

Meanwhile, let's print a Print Quality Diagnostic page -

1. Load plain, white paper in the input tray.

2. On the printer control panel, touch the Settings icon.

3. Touch Tools, and then touch Print Quality Report.

The printer prints the Print Quality Diagnostic report.

Post the Print Quality Diagnostic page here so we can help you further. 

You may also refer to this document with steps to fix "Black not printing" issue applicable for your printer - Black Ink Not Printing 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Suzie172
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
  1. I did the print quality diagnostic test and all colors show up except the black. it is just all blank/white. Everything lines up correctly also. I was trying to print out a 2 page resume out of "word". When I do print it, it comes out in light blue in. All tests show that the ink is full, even the black, but won't print anything that is only blank. Comes out in lite blue ink. Maybe I should just go buy another black ink cartridge. Photo cartridge is a little more that half full. Should I add a new one? How do I post the PQD? 
0 Kudos
Jay_G24
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,660 12,629 978 1,108
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Suzie172

I appreciate you try all the suggested steps, the black cartridge could be defective.

I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

To attach a photo to post just click on the camera icon.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation