Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
ENVY Photo 6234 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have HP ENVY Photo 6234 All-in-One Printer with the ink subscription, the printer tells me the ink levels are ok, only replaced once and im out of warranty. When printing pages the ink is dark on one line and faded on the next, this is repeated down the page.. Ive done all the cleaning processes taken out the cartrige etc.. any ideas? printer is not in constant use only  print 2 to 10 pages a month if that..

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @paulbailey1

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

The ink could have dried up or the nozzles would have blocked as the printer is not frequently used.

Check the ink levels on both the ink cartridges.

Make sure to perform steps 10 and 13 from this document. 

Once done, try printing a print quality test page

1. On the control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Setupicon.

2. Swipe up on the display, touch Reports, and then touch Print Quality Report.

3. Check the print quality.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks for replying, i tried all of the things you mentioned. The cartridge is about half to 3/4 full still, and the nozzle has been cleaned. Its as though one line is dark and the next line is faded continuously down the page.. 

HP Recommended

@paulbailey1

If you have tried the steps mentioned and the issue persists, this could be a possible hardware issue either with the printer or the ink cartridge.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

ive paid every month since 2018 with the same ink cartridge surely i can get one sent through to try to see if ts dried up?

HP Recommended

@paulbailey1

As the issue is related to Instant ink cartridges, I need more information to help you out.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.