Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP photosmart 5520

564 Cartriges, 4 pack, all colors fit except the black which is narrower than the empty one. It appears I picked the wrong 4 pack????? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The empty black cartridge has a pentagon symbol on it.....the new one is more narrow. How was I supposed to know......

HP Recommended

Bought 564 four pack  at BJs. All the cartridges fit except the black on , which is more narrow than the original. how do I remedy this situation? Take all cartriges back after they've been in stalled? and look for the pack with a black cartridge with a pentagon on it?

HP Recommended

@82abn

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Are these HP Genuine ink cartridges that you bought? If not, I recommend you to buy Genuine HP ink cartridges.

If yes, I would suggest you take it back to the store and exchange for a new one.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need any further assistance. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ink sold by BJs with HP written all over it....how was I to determine if it was genuine or not. HP is not paying attention to products bought from overseas. And you suggest taking the opened cartridges back? 4hour round trip, not cost effective. Shopped locally and bought a black cartridge for $17.

HP Recommended

I understand. Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

Have a nice day!:)

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.