Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

I canceled my instant ink subscription and now I get a message on the printer screen that says I can't print becausr I'm not enrolled it it.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @schematics49,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If you have canceled your HP Instant Ink subscription, your printer may display a message indicating that you are no longer enrolled in the program and cannot print. This message may continue to appear until you take steps to resolve the issue.

To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps.

• Restart your printer: Power off your printer and unplug it from the power source for at least 60 seconds. Then, plug it back in and turn it on.
  • Remove the Instant Ink cartridges: If you have any HP Instant Ink cartridges installed, remove them from the printer.
  • Install new cartridges: Install new, regular ink cartridges into your printer. Make sure the cartridges are compatible with your printer model.
  • Disable web services: On your printer control panel, navigate to the "Web Services" menu and turn off the option to enable web services.
  • Reset the printer: Navigate to the "Reset" menu on your printer control panel and select the option to reset the printer to its default settings.

Once you have completed these steps, your printer should be able to print again without displaying the enrollment message.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.