Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-15-2022 11:50 AM - last edited on 08-15-2022 11:57 AM by MayS
I have a HP Office Jet Pro 8610 and received ink from a person who no longer needed it. My printer gives me error "cartridge cannot be used until printer is enrolled in HP instant ink". I don't want to pay a subscription for ink.
08-24-2022 11:53 AM
Welcomed to the HP support community.
I understand that you are getting a cartridge error, I am glad to assist you.
Perform a power reset , reset the printer to recover from printer errors or failures.
- Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 30 seconds.
- Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet and printer without any surge protector.
- Turn on the printer.
Update the printer firmware to install the latest updates
Here are the steps:- Click here
Refer to this HP document for further assistance:- Click here
Keep me posted.
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee